This workshop is for anyone who wants to improve their skills for project and event management. The workshop will cover: · What is involved in managing and running a successful event or
This workshop is for anyone who wants to improve their skills for project and event management.
The workshop will cover:
· What is involved in managing and running a successful event or project
· The life cycle of a project or event
· Fundamental event and project management tools and techniques
· Guidelines and tips
· Planning and budgeting
· Timings and risk management
· Strategic planning
Outcome: Attendees will be able to apply techniques and processes from the workshop to run more effective projects and more successful events.
· On completion of this workshop you will be automatically referred to one of the BEST Growth Hub Navigators, who will be able to signpost you to further advice and any training that you might require.
· Each individual may attend workshops up to a maximum of 21 hours in total.
· Delegates may take part in as many online training workshops as they like as these do not count toward their overall hours.
· Each business can send a maximum of 2 members of staff on each course.
· In order to qualify for a place on the course, the employer/business must be based in Essex.
· Please note that the workshop may not take place if there are not a minimum number of attendees.
· Ignite Business Enterprise Limited will share information with Local Authorities and the BEST Growth Hub. The BEST Growth Hub, as the funders of the business support courses, may share your details with the Department for BEIS & your Local Authority, this may be used to facilitate the delivery and management of the services being provided.
· On occasions, photographs or video images may be taken of delegates for promotional/learning activities and a member of staff at the time must be notified if delegates do not wish their image to be kept and used.
Course Trainer – Emma Milroy: As one of Ignite’s in-house trainers, Emma’s prestige background in buying with one of the big corporates and the fact that she runs her own small business enables her to deliver with authority on a number of areas that will improve your company’s performance. She has received glowing praise for leading workshops on subjects ranging from social media to time management and organisation
About NWES, COLBEA and Ignite, the partners delivering the BEST Growth Hub Business Support and Start Up Workshops:
NWES is an Enterprise Agency that provides business advice, training, funding and managed office space in Essex and the rest of the East of England. Established in 1982 NWES manages business enterprise centres in Harlow and Grays that are hubs for the local business community, providing its wide range of business support services. Regular support is also provided to businesses in Basildon, Colchester, Chelmsford and Southend with outreach support available in the rest of Essex. NWES is a national SFEDI Centre of Excellence in business support and its team focus on helping businesses to set-up, survive and grow. As a national Start-up Loan delivery partner they are able to support businesses in their first two years with finance and they manage a local grant scheme to assist SME’s across Essex that can contribute to capital costs. www.nwes.org.uk
Colbea is an award winning Enterprise Agency based in Colchester covering Colchester & Tendering, with a significant track record in supporting new businesses with innovative new ideas. We have provided thousands of business support services each year since 1982. In 2015 we assisted in the creation of 150 new businesses by delivering impartial, confidential and expert business advice to our clients.
Colbea has a well-established track record of engaging with local business communities, generating demand for advisory and training services and delivering results against exacting contract targets. Our work extends throughout the business community via partnership links with local Councils, UKTI, UKBI, Chambers of Commerce, LEP’s, the Prince’s Trust and many other support organisations. We work alongside other service providers to achieve the best outcomes for our clients and have established working relationships with a wide range of organisations supporting enterprise development, as well as other organisations in the social, voluntary, charitable, educational and local government sectors. www.colbea.co.uk
Ignite Business are also an award winning Enterprise Agency, this year being a finalist for the Enterprise Support Agency of the Year from the National Enterprise Network. A BEIS (Department for Business Energy and Industrial Strategy) Approved Enterprise Agency with over 30 years of supporting new starts and existing businesses, Self Employed, Entrepreneurs and Freelancers.
Having a well established Enterprise Centre in Braintree, Ignite covers the Braintree and Uttlesford Areas of Essex but is not restricted in doing so and will assist if required any Essex Business. Ignite provide business advice, support and training to all types of business and offer practical face to face support with real people. www.ignitebusiness.org
(Thursday) 9:30 am - 12:30 am GMT
Harlow Enterprise Hub
Kao Hockham Building, Edinburgh Way, Harlow, Essex, CM20 2NQ
BEST Growth Hub Funded WorkshopIgnite Business Ignite House, Braintree Enterprise Centre, 46-48 Springwood Drive, Braintree, CM7 2YN